San Juan Regional Cancer Center
731 W. Animas
Farmington, NM 87401
San Juan Regional Cancer Center offers state-of-the-art technology in a healing, comforting environment to provide quality care to cancer patients in the Four Corners right here at home. Here is a look at the technology and the benefits it will bring to our patients:
GE CT Simulator
- This specialty CT Scanner that is utilized to image the area to be treated using lasers, cameras, and a respiratory gating system to accurately outline the margins of the cancer.
- It has 4DCT capabilities, which provides a more accurate assessment of target shape and trajectory, as well as artifact reduction.
- All data gathered by the CT Simulator is used for treatment planning and then uploaded to the Varian Edge Radiosurgery system for treatment delivery.
Varian Edge Radiosurgery System
The Edge Radiosurgery system offers a new line of defense in the fight against cancer for both oncologists and patients. This radiation therapy machine provides fast, focused treatments.
- Edge’s knifelike beam accurately targets and destroys tumors with surgical precision, delivering precise radiation doses to tumors while remaining minimally invasive.
- Minimizes risk to surrounding healthy tissue with a real-time tumor tracking system that calculates the patient’s movement by monitoring respiratory motion.
- Along with all the treatments we have historically provided, we will now be able to treat many small intracranial and extracranial tumors that we have not been able to before.
Learn more by reading our blog post: New Treatment Options for Cancer Patients