When a patient is first diagnosed with cancer, decisions often need to be made quickly because the best way to fight cancer is when it’s in the early stages. Our cancer navigator personally navigates patients through their cancer journey with a goal of breaking down barriers and ensuring the key elements of quality care are provided to each patient. The program, which is free to patients, is the first program of its kind in the area.
After a doctor consultation, our cancer navigator guides each cancer patient every step of the way— from early detection to rehabilitation and after-treatment support. The navigator also works closely with doctors and other care providers to assess a patient’s needs to develop a comprehensive care plan—as well as providing emotional support to patients and their families.
Meet our Cancer Navigator
Deb Albin is an Oncology nurse with over 20 years of cancer care experience. Contact her at 505.609.6089 to:
• Provide education about your cancer
• Help you understand what to expect
• Answer your questions
• Provide information about further testing procedures that your physician has ordered
• Connect you to resources and support services at SJRMC, in the community, and around the state
• Provide emotional support