Last modified: August 27, 2020
Children Under the Age of 13
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13 years of age via the Websites without express parental consent. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we may have collected such information, please contact us as described below.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
Types of Information. The Websites may collect several types of information from and about our users of our Website, including:
- Information that describes your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites, and details about your usage of our Websites (“device information”).
We collect personal information directly from you when you provide it to us and collect device information automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, or other tracking technologies. We may also collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to, our business partners.
Please note that if we offer patients and customers the ability to make online payments through the Websites, and you elect to make a payment using our Websites, you will first be redirected to a separate website hosted by our third-party payment processor. We do not collect, receive, store, or retain any information you provide to our third-party payment processor.
We use your personal information as described below. We use your device information to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns; store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests; speed up your searches; or recognize you when you return to our Website.
Automatic Data Collection Technologies. The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
Locally Stored Objects. Certain features of our Websites may use locally stored objects to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Websites. Locally stored objects may or may not be managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for locally stored objects, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Web Beacons. Pages of our Websites or our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Personal Information
Principal Uses. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Websites and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Websites or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Websites, if offered at the time.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
Non-Personal Information. We may disclose aggregated information or other information that does not identify you or any individual without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Websites users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Other Disclosures. We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Promotional Offers From Us. If you do not wish for us to use your contact information to promote our own products or services, you can opt-out by clicking the applicable link in our email to you or by sending an email as described under Contact Information below. This opt-out will apply to communications regarding our transactions with you.
We have implemented reasonable security measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like our physician review section. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
UNFORTUNATELY, THE TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION VIA THE INTERNET IS NOT COMPLETELY SECURE. ALTHOUGH WE DO OUR BEST TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TRANSMITTED TO OUR WEBSITE. ANY TRANSMISSION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CIRCUMVENTION OF ANY PRIVACY SETTINGS OR SECURITY MEASURES CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE.