Medical Records

Home / Patients / Medical Records / Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Can I request medical records from both San Juan Health Partners and San Juan Regional Medical Center through the hospital?

A. If you are requesting medical records for any San Juan Health Partners clinics, please contact the specific clinic directly. San Juan Regional Medical Center does not process records for San Juan Health Partners, except for SJHP Wound Treatment Center.

The HIM Department at the hospital releases medical records for the following facilities:

- San Juan Regional Medical Center, including imaging from any of the radiology departments.

- San Juan Regional Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospital

- San Juan Regional Rehabilitation Outpatient Center (Adult & Pediatric)

- San Juan Regional Cancer Center

- San Juan Health Partners Wound Treatment Center

- San Juan Audiology Office

Q. Can I obtain my immunization (proof of vaccination) for myself or my dependents?

A. You can log onto the New Mexico Statewide Immunization Information System (NMSIIS) site to obtain these records (link below). You can also request a copy from your primary care provider. If you are requested immunization your received as an employee, you may contact employee health. We do not pull immunizations from the state system like the clinics.

Q. Can I get a copy of my birth certificate, my child’s birth certificate OR a death certificate at the hospital?

A. The hospital does not issue Birth Certificates or Death Certificates. To get a copy you must contact the Vital Statistics Office to request a copy.

Q. How can I get a copy of my Medical Record?

A. You may utilize patient portal to obtain a copy of your medical records. Another option to get a copy of your medical records is by submitting a completed Authorization for Disclosure of Medical Records form to our department with a copy of your driver’s license. If you are requesting records as a patient’s representative you will need to supply additional legal documentation such as an Advance Directive, Power of Attorney, Guardianship, etc. You may contact our department if you have any questions about what to submit. You may send your request via email, fax, mail, in person or with the link below.


Fax: (505)609-2472


San Juan Regional Medical Center
Attn: HIM Department
801 W Maple St
Farmington, NM 87401

Q. Can I request a copy of my child’s medical record?

A. A parent/guardian may request a copy of their child’s medical record, however, there are a few exceptions such as circumstances where the minor consents to treatment that does not require parent/guardian consent. In the event the patient is 14 years or older and the medical record contains sensitive information such as, alcohol/drug/substance treatment, mental health services and/or HIV/STD testing, the patient will need to complete and sign the Authorization for Disclosure of Medical Records form.

Q. Is there a fee to get my medical records copied?

A. No, there is no fee to supply medical records directly to the patient.

Q. How long will it take to process my record request?

A. We typically process records requests in an average of 1-7 days depending on what records you are requesting, but no more than 30 days.

Q. Can I request billing records through your department?

A. We only release medical records, you can contact the billing department directly P (505) 609-2256 and F (505) 609-2259.

Q. Can I request radiology images through your department?

 A. Radiology images can be requested from our department. You will need to submit a Release of Information form requesting images on CD. You can either request to pick up the CD of imaging in person or we can also mail the CD to you. For quicker processing, you may also come in to the department also and request in person.

Back to Top