San Juan Regional Medical Center is taking steps to facilitate our patients’ healing by allowing limited visitation for both non-respiratory and respiratory (COVID positive) patients.
Our hospital is a healing environment.
EVERYONE entering our facilities is required to wear a face mask at all times.
- This new visitation policy allows for one healthy support person per patient per day during visiting hours.
- Visiting hours are between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- All support persons must be aged 18 or older
- The support person will be required to pass a health screening upon entrance to the hospital
- The support person is required to wear a face mask at all times (no masks with valves), as well as practice proper hand hygiene
For respiratory (COVID positive) patients, the support person’s visit must be scheduled ahead of time with Patient Experience in order to assure safety of the staff and support person. This will be facilitated through our caregiving staff. In addition, if the patient is a respiratory (COVID positive) patient with less than a 20 day admission receiving an aerosolizing treatment (Hi-Flow, Bi-PAP or C-Pap), the support person’s visit must be limited to one hour.
- Other exceptions to the one support person per day include:
- Expecting mothers in the Childbirth Center can have a maximum of two support persons for the duration of their stay. Support persons cannot change from day to day.
- Pediatric patients are allowed both parents/guardians 24/7.
- In addition to one support person, patients are allowed one spiritual care individual.
- Patients who need a Goals of Care conference or those near end of life are allowed a maximum of three support persons and one spiritual care individual. These may change from day to day.
Current visitation in the Emergency Department is also one support person per patient for both respiratory and non-respiratory patients. Children are allowed to have both parents with them. While there are no designated visitation hours in the Emergency Department, if a patient is admitted to the hospital, support persons will need to follow visiting hours.
If you are coming to the hospital to visit a patient, be mindful of the following: Patients are allowed one healthy support person between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. All visitors must be aged 18 or older and will be subject to a health screening upon entrance to the hospital. If you are planning to visit a COVID positive patient, that visit must be scheduled ahead of time with Patient Experience in order to assure safety of the staff and support person. To contact Patient Experience, call 505.609.6949.
View the San Juan Health Partners Limited Visitor Policy
View our COVID-19 Resources Page