Following the Governor's order we do not allow out of state visitors unless the visitors have been quarantined for 14 days.
San Juan Regional Medical Center is now allowing non-COVID patients one visitor in order to facilitate healing while keeping the health and safety of our entire organization at the forefront during the COVID-19 pandemic.
An important part of this new policy that we need to reiterate is the fact that only ONE visitor will be allowed per day per admitted patient. In addition, visitors who come to the hospital from out of state will need to quarantine for 14 days before they are allowed to visit a patient in the hospital. Visitation hours for non-COVID patients are between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
For visitors of non-COVID patients, the following guidelines apply:
• All visitors must be age 18 or older
• Visitors will be screened
• One visitor per day per admitted patient
• An admitted patient cannot have multiple visitors in one day
• If the visitor leaves the facility during the visiting hours with plans to return they will be rescreened at the main entrance and must be prepared to show ID before returning upstairs
• Overnight visitors are not allowed
• Any visitor traveling from out of state must quarantine for 14 days before visiting
All visitors are required to practice proper hand hygiene and wear a cloth face mask. No masks with valves are allowed.
We will continue our no visitor policy for COVID patients, with the following exceptions considered on a case-by-case basis:
· Parents or Legal Guardian of minors
· Visitors for patients lacking decision-making capacity
· Visitors for patients near end of life
· Visitors for expectant mothers
· Any exceptions will be limited to one family member and security will be notified
While we do allow for exceptions on a case by case basis, it’s important to remember that all exceptions include only one family member or caregiver. This means that one person will be allowed to visit. It does not mean that one person can visit at a time with multiple visitors on a given day.
The current visitor restrictions in the Emergency Department still stand.
In order to protect our community from exposure to COVID-19, we encourage visitors to utilize alternative mechanisms for patient contact. Visitors are encouraged to use technology such as FaceTime and Skype to speak to their loved ones. They can also go to sanjuanregional.com and send an e-card at https://www.sanjuanregional.com/egreeting/.
View our COVID-19 Resources Page