New Pediatrics Unit Brings Quality Care to a Comforting Space
San Juan Regional Medical Center’s newly remodeled Pediatrics Unit is now open, serving our community’s youngest patients in a bright and inviting atmosphere. These much-needed, hugely impactful improvements were driven by the generosity of our community. Through the local fundraising efforts, San Juan Medical Foundation was able to raise $779,235 for the renovations.
“We are so thankful for the continued support of our community to rally around us and ensure that our pediatric patients can receive state-of-the art care right here at home,” said John Mayer, CFO.
New patient rooms offer private bathrooms, sleeper recliners for parents and flatscreen televisions.
The new and improved unit is now a warm, comforting place with many upgrades that patients, families and caregivers will enjoy for years to come. Renovations include:
- Patient room upgrades, including private bathrooms, flatscreen televisions and sleeper recliners where parents can stay comfortably with their children.
- Two negative pressure isolation rooms to prevent the spread of airborne diseases.
- Unit entry upgrade with enhanced security to welcome patients and families as soon as they enter, while assuring their safety with remote locking secure doors.
- Nurse station upgrade with a spacious layout for optimal comfort, functionality and efficiency for our nurses and support staff.
- Addition of a community playroom to provide children with a dedicated space to spread out, play with brand new toys and take a much-needed break from their hospital beds.
Community playroom provides a much-needed break from hospital rooms.
“The entire unit has been designed for comfort and flow. The bright colors provide more of a healing environment and that is really important, particularly for the kids. We know they are ready to go home when they start playing, smiling and are happy again,” said Dr. Brad Scoggins, Pediatrician.
“We are so pleased that this renovation has brought our beloved pediatric wing up to date and equipped to deliver quality care,” said Audra Winters, Executive Director of San Juan Medical Foundation. “With these improvements, children in need in our community will receive compassionate care in a healing environment for years to come, which is something we can all be proud of.”
San Juan Regional Medical Center’s Pediatrics Unit is the only designated one in the Four Corners region. To learn more, visit us online at: https://www.sanjuanregional.com/pediatrics/unit.