Friday, March 26, 2021
San Juan Health Partners Urgent Care Offering Asymptomatic Antigen Testing
San Juan Health Partners Urgent Care will be offering asymptomatic antigen testing for COVID-19 for anyone who needs documentation for work, travel or exposure starting Tuesday, March 30. Antigen tests are designed to detect proteins from the virus that cause COVID-19 in respiratory specimens. They are not the same as polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests, which detects the presence of a virus if you are infected at the time of the test. The antigen tests used at San Juan Health Partners Urgent Care produce very accurate results in as little as 24 hours.
· Asymptomatic antigen testing is available by appointment only.
· Appointments will be Tuesday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
· To schedule an appointment please call 505.609.6495.
· The test costs $125 and will be collected at the time of service. It will not be billed through insurance.
· Results will be available in 24-36 hours via the San Juan Regional Medical Center patient portal.
· Paper results may be obtained from San Juan Health Partners Urgent Care within 48 hours of your request.
San Juan Health Partners Urgent Care continues to test symptomatic patients for COVID-19 as well. If you are experiencing respiratory symptoms, we encourage you to come in and be tested. San Juan Health Partners Urgent Care is located at 4820 E. Main Street and is open 7 days a week from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
In addition to getting tested when needed, the providers at San Juan Health Partners Urgent Care urge everyone to continue following COVID-safe precautions such as wearing a mask, social distancing, and hand washing frequently.
“We want everybody across the board – symptomatic, asymptomatic - to continue those precautions,” said Dr. Sugar Singleton, board certified physician at San Juan Health Partners Urgent Care. “This is a new way of living but its worth it. It’s working.”