Thursday, May 20, 2021
San Juan Regional Medical Center Opens Limited Visitation to COVID Patients
As COVID-19 restrictions continue to ease across the country and in our community, San Juan Regional Medical Center is taking steps to facilitate our patients’ healing by allowing limited visitation for both non-respiratory and respiratory (COVID positive) patients. This new visitation policy allows for one healthy support person per patient per day during visiting hours.
- Visiting hours are between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- All support persons must be aged 18 or older
- The support person will be required to pass a health screening, wear a face mask at all times (no valves, gators or bandanas) and practice proper hand hygiene
- Support persons are asked to remain in the patient’s room, except for bathroom and meal breaks. If they leave the hospital they will be subject to rescreening upon re-entry.
- NOTE: only ONE support person will be allowed per day, per admitted patient. This person may change from day to day.
For respiratory (COVID positive) patients, the support person’s visit must be scheduled ahead of time with Patient Experience in order to assure safety of the staff and support person. This will be facilitated through our caregiving staff, or by calling Patient Experience at 505.609.6963.
There are some exceptions allowed to the visitor policy, including parents of pediatric patients, support persons for expecting mothers and patients near end of life.
Current visitation in the Emergency Department is also one support person per patient for both respiratory and non-respiratory patients. Children are allowed to have both parents with them.