Friday, June 5, 2020
SJRMC is Open, Taking Precautions to Provide Safe, Quality Care
San Juan Regional Medical Center is here for you, ready to provide the safe, quality care that you need. We are open and ready to meet our patients’ needs, whether they are COVID-19 related or not. We know there is a lot of uncertainty right now due to COVID-19. That’s why we’re taking extra precautions to keep you safe when you come to visit us.
What to Expect
When you arrive at the hospital for your appointment, you’ll immediately notice changes we’ve made for your health and peace of mind. We are carefully monitoring our entrance points since visitor restrictions are still in place. As soon as you walk in our front doors, you’ll be greeted by one of our caregivers to ensure that all rules are being followed to protect everyone.
- Cloth masks are mandatory for all patients, visitors and staff upon entrance to our building
- Visitors will be screened for symptoms and exposure to COVID-19
- A check-in is required to make sure everyone who enters the building needs to be there
- Once your appointment is complete, you will be asked to exit the building for your safety
Your Safety is Our Top Priority
San Juan Regional Medical Center follows strictly enforced safety precautions to ensure that anyone who needs in-person care receives it timely and effectively.
- We are limiting the number of outpatients inside our facility at one time
- We have designated COVID and Non-COVID floors to keep our patient populations separate
- We have ample supplies of personal protective equipment (PPE) for our caregivers
- Our staff has taken special precautions to protect you in all waiting areas. You’ll see:
o Hand sanitizer available to all
o Masking and social distancing guidelines posted and monitored by staff
o Robust cleaning and sanitizing practices
During Your Visit
We’ve added new precautions to minimize the risk of COVID-19 transmission. This allows you to focus on your health while knowing that we’re committed to your safety. During your visit:
- Consultation and exam rooms are arranged for social distancing
- You and your care team will stay masked
- We are committed to frequent and robust handwashing. If for some reason you don’t see us washing our hands, it’s ok to ask
- Care will be delivered efficiently and effectively while allowing physical distancing as much as possible
There are many cases where you won’t even need to physically come to our offices to see a provider. Video and phone visits are great alternatives to in-person care, depending on a patient’s individual needs.
- When you call the clinic for your appointment, our knowledgeable staff will help to determine whether you need in-person care or a virtual visit
- For virtual visits, a customer service representative will call you to check you in
- You will be sent a text message (for smartphone users) or an email (for computer/tablet users) with a link to click to access the virtual waiting room.
- The provider will then join the call and visit with you to address your healthcare needs