Physical activity is important at any stage of life. As we get older, our bodies still require daily exercise, although the ways in which we choose to exercise may need to be adapted to changes in health and mobility. Find one that works for you.
Here are some quick and easy ways you can incorporate exercise into your daily routine:
• Start a walking routine with a friend or family member
• Join a senior sports league in your community
• Garden and do yard work for light exercise
• Go for a hike on a local trail or join a bird-watching group
• Try yoga or tai-chi for physical and mental exercise
• Go for a swim at your community pool
• Visit your local community center or community college and join an exercise or dancing class
• Go to the gym, talk to a trainer, and try something new
At whatever age, it is never too late to follow your dreams and become healthier, happier and more active in your day to day life.
Being healthy and active can help give you energy to keep up with the demands of your busy life, take better care of yourself, and be there for the people who depend on you.
We are offering this walking log to help you get started. Happy Walking!