Tuesday, September 7, 2021
San Juan Health Partners Pediatrics Offering COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics for Children
San Juan Health Partners Pediatrics wants to make it easy for you to get your child’s COVID-19 vaccine. We are now holding a dedicated COVID vaccine clinic every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon by appointment. We are offering the Pfizer vaccine, which is approved for children 12 years and older.
If your child is an established patient at San Juan Health Partners Pediatrics, and is 12 or older, you can call 505.609.6700 to schedule a vaccine. Please inform our customer service representatives if your child has had any other vaccines in the past two weeks, or any symptoms that could be indicative of COVID-19 in the past two weeks.
The CDC recommends that everyone 12 years and older get a COVID-19 vaccine to help protect against the virus. The vaccine not only helps protect people from getting the virus in the first place, but it may also help keep people from spreading COVID-19 to others and reduce the chances of getting seriously sick if they do get COVID-19.
“COVID-19 vaccines have been shown to be safe and are effective at helping control spread of the virus, limit new mutations, and most importantly keep people out of the hospital. Please consider a vaccination for your 12 to 16-year-old,” said Dr. Bradley Scoggins.
“The vaccines are really excellent,” added Dr. Preston Herrington. “Even with the changing variants, the vaccines still hold quite well as far as preventing severe illness, hospitalization and even death.”
Here is some other important information to know:
- The Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine is a two-shot series, given three weeks apart.
- Children and adults receive the same dosage. There are no patient weight requirements.
- Talk to your child before the visit about what to expect.
- Common side effects include pain, redness or swelling at the injection site.
- They may also experience minor symptoms throughout the rest of their body, which could include headache, tiredness, muscle pain or fever.
- After the vaccination, you will be asked to stay for 15–30 minutes so your child can be observed in case they have a severe allergic reaction and need immediate treatment.
- It takes time for your body to build protection. Most people are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose.
What: COVID-19 vaccine clinics for children
Who: Established San Juan Health Partners Pediatrics Patients ages 12 and older
When: Every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon by appointment (call 505.609.6700)
Where: San Juan Health Partners Pediatrics, 407 S. Schwartz Ave. Suite 102